Hadoop Security: Protecting Your Big Data Platform (Repost)
Ben Spivey, Joey Echeverria, "Hadoop Security: Protecting Your Big Data Platform"
2015 | pages: 340 | ISBN: 1491900989 | PDF | 4,0 mb
As more corporations turn to Hadoop to store and process their most valuable data, the risk of a potential breach of those systems increases exponentially. This practical book not only shows Hadoop administrators and security architects how to protect Hadoop data from unauthorized access, it also shows how to limit the ability of an attacker to corrupt or modify data in the event of a security breach.
Authors Ben Spivey and Joey Echeverria provide in-depth information about the security features available in Hadoop, and organize them according to common computer security concepts. Youll also get real-world examples that demonstrate how you can apply these concepts to your use cases.
- Understand the challenges of securing distributed systems, particularly Hadoop
- Use best practices for preparing Hadoop cluster hardware as securely as possible
- Get an overview of the Kerberos network authentication protocol
- Delve into authorization and accounting principles as they apply to Hadoop
- Learn how to use mechanisms to protect data in a Hadoop cluster, both in transit and at rest
- Integrate Hadoop data ingest into enterprise-wide security architecture
- Ensure that security architecture reaches all the way to end-user access